In a period of over twelve years, the society has not only become self sustaining, it has prepared different Manuals and Financial Reviews, conducted various training programmes (so far training imparted to over 6000 officers) and carried out a plethora of activities in the areas of procurement audits, schematic review, framing Internal Audit manuals etc. Some of the major achievements of the Society are listed below
- Workshops on Accrual System of Accounting for middle level officers of Indian Civil Accounts Departments, Government of India.
- Training programmes on Commercial System of Accounting for the Accounts Staff of Prasar Bharti (including 2 at Bhubaneshwar, Orissa)
- Training programmes on behalf of Ministry of Rural development, Governement of India for the accounts staff of State DRDAs (Haryana-2, Uttranchal-1, Punjab-2 and Rajasthan - 3 )
- Workshops on Expenditure Control (General financial Rules, 2005) for the middle and senior level officers of the Government of India.
- Training programme on Fiscal Responsibility and Budgetary Reforms for senior level officers of Government of India.
- 15 training programmes for the officers and Staff of Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi on Audit, Works and Financial Management.
- Training Programmes for the officers of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation on 'Finance for Non-Finance Executives' and 'Effective Contract Management'
- Training Programmes for officers and staff of Government of Assam on Internal Audit
- Training Programme for officers and staff of Ministry of Information Technology on Audit and Financial Management.
- Training Programme for officers of the Central Reserve Police Force on GFR, 2005.
- Training Programmes on Commercial Accounts for accounts staff of India Security Press, Currency Note Press & GoI Mint.
- Devised and Developed a Database for the Planning Commission, Government of India to monitor the Finances of the State Governments to assist in deciding flow of funds from Centre to State Governments.
- FMRRS developed a Financial Restructuring Plan for National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd., a Government of India Public Sector Undertaking.
- Directorate of Training, Union Territories Civil Services , GNCT of Delhi had entrusted fulltime Induction Training Programme for 90 officers of various Departments of GNCT of Delhi covering various modules.The training was rated excellent.
- Conducted Management Study of Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi of 5 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- Five training programmes for 165 Drawing and Disbursing Officers of Ministries/Departments and civil organization.
- Induction training programmes for the staff of civil accounts organization (122 candidates).
- Training programmes for 182 AAO (Civil) Examination candidates.
Completed audit of 5 NGOs of Jan SikshanSansthan in Madhya Pradesh.
- Rationalization and Modernization of the working of the Accounts Department of the GNCT of Delhi
- The Principal Secretary (Finance) GNCT of Delhi entrusted to FMRRS the task of studying the functioning of their Accounts Department and suggest Rationalization and Modernization. FMRRS has completed the task and prepared a detailed report.
- Audit of pension payments by bank and writing Internal Audit Manual of CC (Pension).
- FMRRS has successfully completed the pension audit of bank branches in Delhi, Patna and Kolkata.
- The Society has also completed the work relating to preparation of Internal Audit Manual for Chief Controller (Pensions), Govt. of India.
- Development of Software on State Finances for Planning Commission:
FMRRS devised and developed a database for the Planning Commission, Government of India to monitor the finances of the State Governments to assist in deciding the flow of funds from the Centre to State Governments.
- Framing of Guidelines for Maintaining Fixed Asset Registers by Government of Assam: The Government of Assam had engaged FMRRS for preparation of 'Guidelines for Maintaining Fixed Asset Registers'. The report containing guidelines was submitted, which has been highly appreciated.
- Reconciliation of Central Government Loans to Government of Assam:
Government of Assam had taken several Loans from various Central Government Ministries from 1984-85 to 2007-08. In terms of Loan Agreement with Ministry of Finance and Asian Development Bank under Assam Governance and Public Resource Management Project the reconciliation of these loans which remained pending was entrusted to FMRRS by the Government of Assam. The work was done by the Consultants of FMRRS after visiting each Ministry/Department.
- Pilot study of Finance Department of Delhi University: Pilot study of the Finance Division of Delhi University was undertaken by FMRRS to "Review" and "Rationalize" work procedures and report submitted to DU.
- Revision of Accounts Manual of Central Board of Excise and Customs: The Accounts Manual of CBEC which was not revised for a number of Years was entrusted to FMRRS. The Manual was revised by the Society. It was printed by Pr. CCA (CBEC) and is in use by the Department.
- Financial Rules and DFP Rules of ICCR: The Financial Rules and DFP rules for the Indian Council for Cultural Relations were framed by the Society and submitted to ICCR, an autonomous organization of Ministry of External Affairs.
- Rationalization and Modernisation of the working of the Accounts Department of the GNCT of Delhi
AUDIT OF SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY PARKS OF INDIA
STPI- FMRRS conducted an in-depth and comprehensive audit of Software Technology Parks of India at Pune, Nashik, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Kolhapur at the request of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology.
The audit report carried a good impact factor and was appreciated by the senior management considerably.
INTERNAL AUDIT MANUAL OF GNCT OF DELHI
The Principal Secretary (Finance) Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi entrusted the task of revising the Internal Audit Manual to FMRRS. The Society after studying the working of 53 Departments of GNCT of Delhi completed the task of bringing out a new Internal Audit Manual. The work done by the FMRRS team has been much appreciated by the GNCT of Delhi.
PROCUREMENT AUDIT MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
FMRRS is thankful to its past Office Bearers – Presidents, Vice-Presidents, and Other Members – for putting in enormous efforts and for overcoming initial teething troubles. The Society in particular expresses gratitude to the following Officers:
AUDIT OF GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS
FMRRS was awarded contract for Internal Audit of 56 Government Schools of GNCT of Delhi. The audit of schools was completed and considered as very effective. Appreciating the work done by the FMRRS teams, the Society was further entrusted the audit of 106 schools which was also completed well in time..